Monday 15 February 2010

Introduction

I'm going to introduce this blog now.

I intend to play through the video game Albion. It's a PC RPG from Blue Byte released in 1995 (according to wikipedia).

I read a review of it when it came out in the UK and immediatly wanted to play it. However, I never quite got round to it. Then, in 2008, I found a boxed copy of it in a charity shop in Newcastle (this is the UK by the way - and I mean THE Newcastle. Newcastle upon Tyne). Now, another 2 years on, I've decided it's finally the time to play through it.

I was inspired to blog my way through the game by the phenomenol Blogging Ultima (http://bloggingultima.blogspot.com/). I loved being able to read someone else's journey and observations in that sequence of games! And thought that it might entertain someone else to read about Albion as much as it did me to read about Ultima.

I should introduce myself too - My name is Peter Theophilus and I'm a designer working at Blitz games (a UK indipendant video games development studio). I find games fascinating, not just as an awesome and absorbing form of entertainment but also in a professional sense. I like to think "wow, I wonder why they did such-and-such like THAT" or "Man, I wish I'd thought to do blah-de-blah like THIS" etc.

I'm hoping to go through Albion and keep a regular diary of what I did in each session, record my way through the story and note down my thoughts on what the game's like. I hope that it's interesting and if it doesn't sound like it will be, stop reading now!

No comments:

Post a Comment